So many people think that you have to be in Depends to seek out pelvic floor treatment but being proactive will prevent years of frustration. Here are some commonly overlooked symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction;
- Dribbling on the toilet seat when you stand up OR feeling like you never fully empty your bladder.
- Pelvic Pressure feeling a heaviness in your pelvic floor even if it’s just at certain points during your cycle.
- Queefing, although it is natural and nothing to be embarrassed about it is common for people experiencing descent of the pelvic organs or Pelvic Organ prolapse to have it more often.
- Not having a bowel movement everyday or having to rely on laxatives for relief.
- Not being able to wipe yourself clean after a bowel movement.
- Leaking when you cough or sneeze even if that’s the only time you leak!
- Feeling like your partner is “hitting something” when they enter you or sex just doesn’t feel great or you need to use lube for it to be comfortable.
- Low Back Pain! So many people think this is related to weight but you can have a strong and healthy core at any size and chronic low back pain is often related to a tight pelvic floor.
Going to the doctor annually to check your heart health, blood pressure and vitals is part of the American way of life. Yes we don’t always do that. But for the most part we know we are supposed to.
I can not recommend how important it is to bring your body to a Pelvic Expert Physical Therapist Annually
Pelvic floor wellness is your gateway to being the healthiest version of yourself. Treating the pelvic floor internally and externally does many things:
- Improved blood flow
- Improves pleasure
- Increases your core strength
- Eliminates internal tension
- Improves bowel movements
+ SO MUCH MORE
.Pelvic Floor work shouldn’t just be started when you can’t laugh without peeing your pants or an organ is falling out of your body and it’s not just for postpartum!
“Prevention is key to long term health! Knowing where your body is now and getting that awareness will help you prevent issues in the years to come”